Position Title: Senior Loan Officer
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Department: Retail / Residential / Investment
Reports To: Director Of Operations
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive
From your first day at JFK to your next promotion, we are there every step of the way investing in your career, your job satisfaction and your financial future. JFK is where successful careers are created and inspiration abounds.
JFK Financial has an immediate opening for an experienced, ambitious, NMLS-licensed Senior Loan Officer to become a part of our growing and dynamic team! JFK Loan Officers build relationships with Homeowners, Borrowers and Real Estate professionals, initiate loan applications, and educate all loan stakeholders from file open to file closed.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Pre-qualify homebuyers, collect information and data for loan files, submit files using Encompass, educate, inform and follow up with clients
- Meet with borrowers to intake applications for purchase and / or refinance transactions.
- Build relationships of trust and helpfulness with potential and existing home buyers.
- Consult with loan applicants, answer questions and provide additional information about JFK home loans, products and services.
- Collect and verify financial and personal information in order to properly prepare loan files, assist applicants with loan applications, and assess applicants’ financial situation and eligibility, pull credit reports, process rates using Encompass.
- Review loan options and mortgage applications with Senior Loan Officers, make recommendations and revisions when necessary.
- Liaise information between JFK stakeholders (Realtors, Senior Loan Officers, Underwriters, Processors and management) and homebuyers and loan applicants.
- Work with the processor and other operations staff to facilitate the quick and smooth closing of the transaction.
- Generate new loan opportunities, network with home owners and buyers, get referrals, manage prospect pipelines, and meet or exceed referral and sales expectations.
- Participate in marketing efforts to increase business, clients and referrals, post positive things about JFK to social media, contribute to marketing campaigns and videos. and help promote JFK Financial.
- Keep current on FHA / VA / USDA / Conventional loan guidelines and changes as communicated by JFK, Underwriters, operations staff and external education sources.
- Meet continuing education requirements as required by state and NMLS regulatory agencies.
- Be ambitious, personally, professionally and financially, while at the same time be a team player and maintain the highest possible level of integrity and honesty, customer service and helpfulness, and teamwork.
- Familiarity with home mortgage program guidelines and various types of loans such as FHA, commercial loans, VA, etc is beneficial, but not require
- Basic knowledge and experience using Encompass
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but a high school diploma or equivalent experience
- Exceptional communications, sales, relationship, and MS Office skills are necessary
- Possess the intention to complete a training program to obtain NMLS/ MLO/ state license
- Previous experience in financial services, real estate, lending institutions, credit union, or related fields is valuable, but not required.
- United States work authorization.
- Current NMLS license in good standing.
- Bachelor’s degree, Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of loan origination experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite — Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills.
- Effective time management and priority setting skills.
- Good to excellent communication skills — speaking, writing, non-verbal.
HOW TO APPLY
Thank you for considering JFK Financial! You are important to us and we are enthusiastic about you and helping you grow in your career! To apply, please click the link below which will direct you to our online application where you can either upload or enter your resume.
ABOUT JFK FINANCIAL
JFK Financial is a full-service mortgage lending company offering a complete line of consumer residential loans, mortgage refinancing, and specialty loans that meet the unique needs of today’s busy homebuyer. Our staff is top-notch and one of the most knowledgeable and experienced teams in the entire mortgage industry. By persistent improvement, JFK provides continuous growth and responsiveness to our ever-changing market conditions.
Since 2004, JFK Financial has paved a tradition of quality service, borrower education and loan processing efficiency in the mortgage industry. One of our most important goals is to help mortgage professionals grow, personally, professionally and financially. JFK fosters a diverse, positive, and family-oriented environment and corporate culture. Our thriving workplaces encourage new ideas, collaboration and helping others. This is a place where career growth and life fulfillment are created and routine. Come join us as we pave a tradition of career growth and job satisfaction into the future.
JFK Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage anyone and everyone to apply for employment with JFK.