Position Title: Mortgage Banking Accountant Assistant
Location: Las Vegas, NV — Corporate HQ
Department: Accounting & HR
Reports To: Accounting Manager
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (full time)
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive
From your first day at JFK to your next promotion, we are there every step of the way investing in your career, your job satisfaction and your financial future. JFK is where successful careers are created and inspiration abounds.
JFK Financial has an immediate opening for a hard-working, self-starting Mortgage Banking Accountant Assistant to become a part of our growing and dynamic team! In this role, the MBAA is experienced using prevailing accounting software which will be used to setup and perform day-to-day accounting duties for JFK.
The MBAA will also be responsible for assisting the Accounting Manager with accounting tasks.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Assist with light administrative duties that consist of making copies, opening mail, and performing daily deposits.
- Assist with accounts receivable, accounts payable, post deposits, daily G/L postings, and bank reconciliations.
- Help prepare and assist with daily, monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Ensure compliance with company standards.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of accounting control procedures.
- Support with the completion of internal and external audits, and the needs of auditors.
- Familiarity with accounting or mortgage industry software.
- Three or more years of experience in financial services, lending and mortgage, or related fields with specific work experience using accounting software.
- United States work authorization.
- Associates degree in Accounting or related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite — Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Knowledge using common office equipment — fax machines, copiers, scanners, computers, etc.
- Basic knowledge of accounting, financial principles and math.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills.
- Effective time management and priority setting skills.
- Good to excellent communication skills — speaking, writing, non-verbal.
HOW TO APPLY
Thank you for considering JFK Financial! You are important to us and we are enthusiastic about you and helping you grow in your career! To apply, please click the link below which will direct you to our online application where you can either upload or enter your resume.
ABOUT JFK FINANCIAL
JFK Financial is a full-service mortgage lending company offering a complete line of consumer residential loans, mortgage refinancing, and specialty loans that meet the unique needs of today’s busy homebuyer. Our staff is top-notch and one of the most knowledgeable and experienced teams in the entire mortgage industry. By persistent improvement, JFK provides continuous growth and responsiveness to our ever-changing market conditions.
Since 2004, JFK Financial has paved a tradition of quality service, borrower education and loan processing efficiency in the mortgage industry. One of our most important goals is to help mortgage professionals grow, personally, professionally and financially. JFK fosters a diverse, positive, and family-oriented environment and corporate culture. Our thriving workplaces encourage new ideas, collaboration and helping others. This is a place where career growth and life fulfillment are created and routine. Come join us as we pave a tradition of career growth and job satisfaction into the future.
JFK Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage anyone and everyone to apply for employment with JFK.